Thursday, January 27, 2011

Moon Over the Gables




Back a few years ago they were flamingos.
As part of one of those urban beautifying campaigns run periodically in cities all over the world, the flamingos were ubiquitous in most of Coral Gables, to the delight of children mostly.
This time around (I am sure the information is already out, but I just haven't had the time to compile it) they are snails.
Huge bright pink or fuchsia (take your pick on what to call it) snails, mostly in pairs, strategically set where local residentes and visitors to The City Beautiful can snap photos, and children can climb on top.
It's actually hard to miss them.
What you most certainly would miss, I bet, is the also beautiful sight of the moon over the Gables at around 8:54 AM on 27 January, 2011.
Hope the pix is good enough to show it right there, about an inch to the left of the building in the background. You have two captions to locate it.

2 comments:

  1. I think you have been the only one to notice them although they are huge and they are all over the Gables. I invite you, my friend, to read my new post at my Ecumenical Foam blog at http://ecumenicalfoam.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your nice comments in my blog.
    I'd seen the snails but only your post lit my curiosity and made me discover the mistery of the snails: you can read it at http://www.pinksnails.com/

    ReplyDelete